Sunday, July 5, 2015

What works for me? A System? Maybe

Taking a cue from fellow classmate, I thought I should take a second to reflect on how to tackle the workload in this class. Basically, there are the following tasks to be completed each week:

  • Weekly webinars (thank goodness!)
  • Readings
  • Discussion board posts and responses
  • Tweets and responses
  • Blog posts, reading, and responses
  • Project work (e.g., observing online communities, creating a Voice Thread, making a PLN)
  • Participation Logs
Am I missing anything? This week I was figuring everything out and ended up posting twice in one day. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I want to try to spread things out over time. 

I think I will use my Google calendar for now, which is synced with my iPhone, to create the following schedule. I will check in next week and let you know how it goes. 

Monday: READINGS. Even though there are usually many readings, I will try my best to get them all done right away. To break up the monotony, I will tweet reactions while reading and check out my online communities.

Tuesday: After having some time to let the ideas percolate, then I will check out the discussion board to contribute there. Check out my online communities.

Wednesday: Lunchtime webinar. Getting inspiration from the webinar, I will be ready to write my first blog post. Check out my online communities.

Thursday: This will be a day of checking out others' blog and writing my second blog post. Check out my online communities.

Friday: This will be a day of checking out others' blog and writing my third blog post. Check out my online communities.

Saturday: Take this day off and check twitter periodically. 

Sunday: Last blog post and complete participation log. Check out my online communities.

I hope I can handle this! 

5 comments:

  1. This is a good plan, Meagan. I am going to borrow some of your ideas and mix them together with another class I am taking. Thanks for the guidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meagan,

    Thank you for this schedule. I was trying to formulate a game plan on how to successfully complete the workload without having to post so much in one day. Very useful! I agree that the readings should be scheduled for Monday or even the Sunday before, if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am joining the two comments above. Thank you so much for structuring it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good -- but only 2 webinars this time. Not weekly. Just Week 1 and Week 4. :) I think you'll find you can function without weekly webinars, though. It's needed during the first week, but you're already getting the hang of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! I'm blushing over here. Thanks so much for the...citation? Shout out?

    Your plan looks good! I'm already behind on mine, personally! But alas, some plan is better than no plan, right?

    ReplyDelete