The the first step to getting better is admitting there's a problem, right? Well, my schedule, that I shared a few weeks ago, did not last long. This class is 6 weeks long with 4 major projects. I'm overwhelmed and digging myself out of a hole. I can't be alone in this struggle, right? Anyone?
Totally understand! I can't stop saying why does time go so fast this summer!! I still have many things to do on my summer checklist. How about you? But I decided to see the marked items (what I did) now and enjoy the achievements. You already submitted two major projects of this course and we submitted AERA proposals! Cheers! :)
ReplyDeleteThere is certainly a lot going on. I'm keeping an eye on a major paper that's required for another class at the end of next week and feeling "ack - how will I ever get it done." But, the key to a stress-free life is not to allow your self to feel stress. Resist the urge to look at your list globally and consider the next important thing to do. Smaller chunks are easier to accomplish. And when necessary, forgo sleep, J/K.
ReplyDeleteI'm overwhelmed, too :)
ReplyDeleteI figure as long as we all just keep moving forward we'll get there!
You are not alone. I have felt overwhelmed multiple times in this class. I agree with the tactics outlined in the other posts. Manage it in chunks. Keep moving forward. Celebrate what you have already done. What really helps me focus in meeting my goals in the week is starting early. I think that my most successful weeks in the class have been the ones where I just dive into the course work without worrying about the content and the readings. Most importantly, attack the work when you are inspired. Take advantage of moments of high productivity and don't feel guilty if your days have different levels of effort. Also, take a peak at the discussion board and your classmates' blogs. When you see other people making an effort, it reminds you that you can do it too.
ReplyDelete