What is Researchgate? Well, it's a social media like Academia.edu and Mendeley.
Here is a link to my profile: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Meagan_Arrastia
This site creates a metrics based on the number of publications, citation, and activity in the research online.
Just like Diginole, you have to be careful about sharing published works. On the site you should only upload pre-press versions of your work. Like Slide Share, you can share presentation slides. What is different is that it provides a question and answer area where you an consult experts directly.
Have you used this site? Share your links here.
I've dabbled on there. Haven't gone further because of time issues (need to schedule playing time, rarely do). However, one thing I've noticed is that I keep getting encouraged to connect to versions of my articles that they've found online. Only problem? Well, they're the copyrighted versions that someone else has illegally uploaded. OTOH, wish I could just click the button and put it on my profile. But on the other, I don't want to do anything illegal myself.
ReplyDeleteSo happy you mentioned this one, Meagan! I have been on it since I got prompted after my first publication. Thankfully, that first publication was on an open-access journal, so I didn't think too hard about copyright issues. But, now that you and Vanessa have mentioned it, I will be more aware of that in the future.
ReplyDeleteThanks for passing this along! It certainly seems like an interesting resource!
ReplyDelete