This summer, it is my goal to learn the most about the Desire to Learn (D2L) learning management system as I can. At Valdosta State University, the portal to D2L is called BlazeVIEW. When I log in I see a list of my courses. This is a screenshot of what one of my courses looks like. It is blank right now. Later in the semester I will post my progress as I add this. It looks so different from FSU's Blackboard!
I have also reached out to the support at VSU. They have this great place, called The IDEA Center, which stands for Innovative Designs for Enhancing the Academy. Even though Web 2.0 has changed the way that we learn and teach, it's nice to know that there are still physical places you can go to get help. One of the fellows there, Dr. Kathleen Lowney, helped me by letting me know that there is, in fact, a mobile app for D2L. This is what the app looks in the App Store. When I downloaded it and looked for the D2L section, it was not intuitive. More on this later.
It also look's like VSU has a Center for e-Learning, and they have a blog too! Looks like I have lots of online tools to figure out.

test
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I've heard that it's a rather cumbersome system.
ReplyDelete