Sunday, July 12, 2015

How's that schedule going?

I'm curious about how everyone else's schedules are going. This week was pretty successful to begin with because I front loaded my tasks and participation. 

Like many of my classmates I have been blogging away from home. This weekend I was in North Carolina. The region I stayed in was mountainous, meaning poor cell phone reception. To give you an idea of the poor signal, most of the vendors at the festival had to stop accepting credit card payments! Because I could not get a signal, the tweets I wanted to read and reply to wouldn't load. Can't wait to catch up when I get home. 

Overall, my schedule of completing readings on Monday really worked out for me. The tools that helped me stay organized were simply google calendar synced to my iPhone iCal. The blackboard mobile app and the blogger app were also very useful while traveling! However, I have to mention that the blogger app has limited options available and that's why I will go back and add hyperlinks to my last post about the Highland Games. 

What tools have helped you stay on track this week?

3 comments:

  1. Where in most classes I start off the week heavier and get most of my work done early and then visit the blackboard a few more days to wrap things up and respond to other peoples post I have been actively engaged each day of the week. The biggest part is staying connected through my RSS feed, deciding what to blog about and checking out other classmates blogs. I think with blogging you want to find something that interests you but also might interest your readers so I tend to spend a lot of time scanning articles and then deciding, which takes time. So for this class I seem to be more involved daily but this also might be on me, since I hate to think that I missed something. Has our class become my new facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely feeling FOMO (fear of missing out) in this class in terms of the RSS feed. I'm afraid that someone will blog about something that will be referred to later on in our class discourse and I will be lost!

      Delete
  2. :) Love that you asked this question, sorry I missed it a few days ago. I had been doing great on my schedule, and then I went on vacation! That totally threw me off. I feel like I just back in the swing of things. I had to really let a few things go and accept that I just could not do it all late last week. This week has been so much better.

    ReplyDelete