Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cirque du Soleil - Saltimbanco


This was my second Cirque experience - first was La Nouba in Orlando. The two male performers in the picture were incredible. At one point the one on the bottom held the one on top by just touching shoulders while inverted. Insane. The music, played by a live band, was a mix of funk and 80's pop. The music was definitely my favorite part. Hung out with new friends who introduced me to this theater in Railroad Square Mickee Faust which features pieces satirically makes fun of crips, gays, blacks, etc.


Today I explored downtown. I will post an entry just about the 
historical houses in walking distance from my apartment soon. The downtown marketplace was just getting going when I was there. There was a guitarist singing about Tallahassee. Beside him was a variety of instruments, like maracas, tambourines, and shakes with a sign that said, "join the band!" How fun! The Tallahassee Animal Shelter was there. These kittens were so cute, I had to donate a $1. Haha.


After that I met up with some friends and headed to the Killearn Market Square for the Farmer's Market. Bought some locally grown fruit and this hilarious vintage FSU purse from an antique shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment