
I'm disappointed that I didn't get to do all the things I wanted to do while I lived here, including writing a blog about all the things that makes Orlando not suck that bad. Well, I created the blog on livejournal, just never got around to using it. Instead I started writing random reviews on yelp.
I always wanted to go camping in the woods of East Orlando and meet some of those homeless folks that Dr. Wright talks about. There are supposedly 10,000 people living in there, here, my backyard.
I'm laying in bed instead of packing to enjoy the warm breeze and the sound of the little mixed kids across the street vandalizing the abandoned house across the street. They're so cute, much cuter than the neighbors' new dog. I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of last year when the cult moved out it was only 3 UCF female students living there. Now two of their boyfriends moved in which means that there is now a dog constantly barking and a mechanic's shop next door.
I always thought "next door" was actually said "next store." That's what happens when you teach your kids how to read and instead make up a story to go with the pictures.
I tried to pack the books. I tried, but 3 suitcases later there are still thousands. Okay maybe not that many, but it still feels impossible. I never did find a good used book store in Orlando. We just kept going back to Barnes and Noble over and over.
We watched Factory Girl last night. Interesting perspective of Andy Warhole and Edie Sedgwick was stunning at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment