Sunday, August 2, 2015

Facebook in the Classroom

Because I use Facebook for the produsage project as my platform, I wanted to share with you this really interesting resource. In this article,100 ways to use Facebook in a class are compiled in a convenience list. The authors divide the different ways into seven different categories. Not all the strategies are useful IMHO, but there are a lot of great tips.Below I have outlined some of the interesting features in each category that I did not get to use for this particular lesson:


  1. Resources on Facebook
    • Attend remote lectures: It is really easy to post lectures and links to existing videos on Facebook
  2. Projects & Assignments
    • Book reviews: It would be neat to offer a choice of book to read and have students post their reviews on Facebook.
    • Journal entries: although people don't really use this feature anymore, students could writes notes to share with family and friends. 
  3. Sharing
    • Document class trips: Sharing photos and relevant class information seems very easy. Students can take their own class trips and share the experience with other students. 
  4. Collaboration & Discussion
    • Homework help: Students can use the group page to connect and assist each other through study groups.
  5. Classroom Management & Organization
    • Get a record that students read what you're writing: This is a great way to make sure that students acknowledge your posts (like button requirements?)
  6. Apps & Groups
    • Flashcardlet: I checked it out and this is an awesome app that is easy to use for flashcards. Students making their own and sharing would be great!


So far this is what I have tried out with Facebook for my produsage project: EDUC2130 Facebook group

Please check it out and feel free to join the group and act as a student if you'd like :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment