Monday, January 6, 2014

Spring Conference

My fellowship actually funds me to go to one conference per year to present research as first author. As of now, I have no acceptances to any conferences. But there are a few international conferences that are still accepting abstracts. Last year I went to San Sebastian in Basque Country, Spain. This year I could have the chance to go to 22nd Congress of the International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology in Reims, France (30 minutes from Paris). There I could submit my research comparing Teacher Self-regulation among U.S. teachers and Turkish teachers. This conference is in July when the weather in France is perfect! The other conference I am interested in is the 6th International Conference on Psychology Education. This conference takes place in August in Flagstaff, Arizona (1-2 hours from the Grand Canyon). I will submit my research on using multimedia popular culture when teaching educational psychology OR using active teaching to teach sociology topics... not sure yet. Obviously, I would prefer to go to France because the fellowship funds up to $3,000 for the trip. Wish me luck in my submissions!

No comments:

Post a Comment