Like the engineering building at UCF, Stone has been renovated in the fashion in which you can see the outside walls of the its old brick self in the atrium. The stairs in this large, open yet echoey, sterile place are made of polished steel-colored stone. The edge of each step is smooth and rounded making it easy for your shoe to slide down with the pull of gravity. I am surprised I have never slipped on these stairs with the variety of unsafe shoes I wear.
Almost every time I go downstairs (not upstairs) I have this intense urge to plop my ass down on the top edge and slide all the way down. This might be because I am exhausted from the full-time experience of graduate school, but it's most likely because I miss being a kid. I can't remember the first time I thought about sliding down Stone's stone steps, but now I can't stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment