Sunday, June 14, 2009

Book Club Reading: The Red Tent


I'm currently reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamant for the Tallahassee book club I joined this summer. The book expands on the life of Dinah, Joseph's sister, who is only briefly mentioned in the Old Testament.

I like this idea of making up the beginning & end of stories. I always want to do this when I see movies and in life really. I want to know how did people end up the way the are and what will happen next. Will the couple stay together until old age or divorce in 3 month?

I need to know, so I'm glad to be reading this novel.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine is working on a book where he takes news briefs where a lot is unsaid, a lot of questions unansered, and he imagenies what might have happened "if", or what led up to the event. Sounds cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my mother reading this book a really long time ago. Tell me if it is good!

    ReplyDelete